Wednesday 28 March 2012

1471 Deli Tewkesbury

At the cross in Tewkesbury is a deli called 1471.
Tim, Meridith and the staff have the most amazing range of cheeses and cold meats, they have artisan goods from Italy and France but the best offer is their sandwich list and hot drinks.

I try to have lunch there about once a month but more would be better for me.
I have had their breakfast tea - which is so good you don't need sugar or milk.
The hot chocolate is only the best - Cacao A La Taza (Made By Bob sells this one too) and available to buy. The coffee is freshly ground (and available to buy) and one of the best in the district.
I may not have told you already but I don't actually like ground coffee, yet there are some coffee shops that make a such a good coffee I am willing to drink it.
The sandwiches are made on freshly cut bread (white, wholemeal, granary) or you can have a roll or baguette. There is a variety of fillings to choose from but my favourite is the "Weobley" a mild cheddar and very thinly sliced ham, with a little (or lot in my case) lettuce to finish it off. Another is the "black and blue" Shropshire blue cheese and ham. They have the most amazing display of cakes and breads in the window and inside there are a variety of cold goods, quiches, pate, olives etc in the display case. Check out their Easter eggs - massive and usually in the shape of a large hen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment